Waiting For the Furniture Repair Man
Yup. Here I am, waiting. I fold laundry, wait, eat a sandwich, feed the boys, wait, hmmm....carrots! I can eat them, and make iced tea, and wait. I would like to paint my toenails, but what if he comes??? SO I wait. Flipped through some "Design With Dimestore Treasures" book (from the library, of course, because I hardly have a dime anyway). Hey, I can put a funky little chest of drawers at the end of the hallway! Finish it with cool pull knobs from Lowes! I want to run out to the old junk store NOW BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE I AM WAITING.
Now *crunch crunch* he said he'd come between 9am and 1 pm. Ok, it's 11:25; it can't be much longer. I don't think I've ever stayed in the house this long unless we had extreme weather.
I've broken out the finger puppets.
Oh, it's the perfect playground day, cloudy. We could go after the trip to the junk store.
I archived photos to cd. Wrote out labels for invites. Time to check my email.
*twitch* *sniff*
I'm waiting, Mr. Repair Man. For you. Because I need you so, so bad. I leap up every time I hear a car.
I washed my hair for you, so you can handle my smooth leather and smell how clean a mother of three can be.
This is torture.
Now *crunch crunch* he said he'd come between 9am and 1 pm. Ok, it's 11:25; it can't be much longer. I don't think I've ever stayed in the house this long unless we had extreme weather.
I've broken out the finger puppets.
Oh, it's the perfect playground day, cloudy. We could go after the trip to the junk store.
I archived photos to cd. Wrote out labels for invites. Time to check my email.
*twitch* *sniff*
I'm waiting, Mr. Repair Man. For you. Because I need you so, so bad. I leap up every time I hear a car.
I washed my hair for you, so you can handle my smooth leather and smell how clean a mother of three can be.
This is torture.

11 Comments:
That repairman will never know what hit him.
By the time he finally gets there, you'll have worked yourself into a FRENZY!
I bet he notices, and winks.
Between 9 and 1? That's a terrible amount of time to wait for a mom to wait. I'll come over and fix it for you.
I hope he came before you broke more furniture!
You should have painted your toenails at 9:05, he would have been there by 9:06 and you could have gone shopping. What were the directions for the dresser?
Repairman Repairman
where are you
I called at nine
you broke your shoe
I called at ten
your cupboard was bare
I called at eleven
you were nowhere
I called at twelve
you said you might
at 1:59
you finally arrived.
I was in a bit of a frenzy... then this old guy came to the door, asked about the furniture, asked to use my phone, had a conversation, handed me the phone and left. The lady on the phone said, "we can not repair your ottoman." pause... ""so we will replace it."
Huh? Ok! The rip is hardly noticeable.
Metro, I got me no winks.
Paintergirl, come over anytime!
Thomas J., that was certainly a possibility. Wrestling boys.
Writer, damn, girl, why didn' tI think of that!
Shoulda done the toenails, then you'd have gotten the wink. Less'n he was so old he'd beyond noticing hot young babes.
Wow. Is it too late to sign up for leather repairman school?
I wouldn't mind handling me some clean leather in the presence of a freshly-shampooed lady.
metro, if i painted my toenails naked on top of said ripped ottoman, i'm thinking he would just ask for the phone.
girl.a, your links are always like a little present. just wanted to make his experience pleasureable.
Colleen, my dear, giving your readers the image of you naked atop the ottoman is probably leading them to wonder how the ottoman got ripped in the first place. *evil grin*
Yes, I'm still up. And still grinning. I sooo enjoyed our phone conversation!
P.S. - Congrats on scoring yourself a new ottoman. (Maybe Mr. Old Guy Repair Dude was so impressed with your silky, smooth, shiny, clean-as-a-whistle-and-fresh-as-a-cool-summer-breeze hair, that he described the rip in such a way that he knew the gal on the other end of the phone would replace it? Yes. That's what happened. I'm sure of it.)
Great post!
too funny.
And good comments too.
Score on the new Ottoman!
Oh wait, Score! may be... um... is that how it ripped?
I'd suggest cutting your toenails shorter, maybe.
*grin*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home