Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Daytripping, Yea

We've been out and about for the last week or so.
All Ian, all the time
woo hoo!
happy hiker
We went hiking, just the three of us, while Aidan and Ian had a sleepover at Nana's.
high point, nj
going up!
Inside the High Point Monument.
bad view from high point
Best I could do.
Later, we got a bite to eat.
dimmick inn, milford, pa
Took the boys to the Denville Carnival.
denville carnival
We visited Aunt Joyce, where Aidan and Shannon became fast friends. And I totally approve of this girl, this long haired, tie-dye-wearing free spirit...
shannon
swinging
We spent some time at the pool.
at the pool
We visited Aunt Marlena and Uncle Lee, frightening the expecting parents with our circus of boys.
aunt marlena, happily expecting

And now, Keith's back to work. I still have the desire to go away, up to Maine, or to the Jersey shore, or to the city... just to get away. I see haze on the green hills and I want to hit the road and go. Run away. I am sad.

I look at these pictures and already feel that those days were long ago.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good daytrips (and pics), Mom!! I love to take my kids places. They are so excited to see new things. And it wears them out.

It wears me out too, though.

Tonight? Braves game. No kids. Tomorrow morning? Sleeping past 6 because kids are at Grandmas!! WOO HOO!!

-Carol

11:05 AM  
Blogger c said...

Are you eating that baby??

I long for getting away, too. Not happening any time soon, though.

*sigh*

11:35 AM  
Blogger LadyBug said...

I need a getaway, too. As soon as I get Big Boy weaned, we'll meet somewhere in the middle.

Let's see...what's halfway between Texas and New Jersey? Hawaii! Yeah, that's it. We'll meet in Hawaii! (Hey, a girl can dream...)

Love the pics, Colleen. Colin is getting so BIG! And I bet people ask you all the time if Aidan and Ian are twins, don't they? People still ask that about my girls, and they don't look nearly as much alike as your two!

Don't be sad, hon. I get sad when you're sad.

HUGS,
Me

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In response to Ladybug's question about what is halfway...

Well DUH! Minneapolis/St. Paul is Halfway! um... but yeah, I gotta finish writing my thesis first I suppose.

poop. Well, a girl can dream, right?

Anyway, your trips look fantastic! I love Colin's sun hat. Too adorable in that first picture. And the staircase picture is very neat... and spooky looking somehow. Lunch at the outdoor cafe looks really nice. I always like eating outside for meals when the weather is that perfect in-between 70's...

The boys do look a lot a like, such cuteness.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Amanda B. said...

I'm glad you had fun though. You have the most lovely family. I smooch you.

9:57 AM  
Blogger cakeboom said...

Carol, WOO HOO!! Love that Grandma! Hope you had fun!
Misfit, I was chewing on the baby. Hope you get away soon.
LB, we can meet at Danielle's! And yep. I get the twins question a lot. I am feeling better, too, thanks. Cheers with sparkling grape juice to you, mrtl. And thanks, Amanda. I smooch you back (not too close to the onion).

8:45 AM  
Blogger cakeboom said...

Hi Momo! Thank you so much!! I am glad you're a visitor. I hope you come back and have more to say!!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics! Those brown eyes will never cease to get me. Deep down.

You are surrounded by such vibrant, beautiful aliveness.

I think of you and yours often...and have come to this page and looked at these photos at least a dozen times. I'm busy, sure, so it's hard to comment. But I just love to look at the life unfolding. Families making their way through, smiles, tears, and all the rest. Love.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home