Thursday, June 09, 2005

Contentment, and Forgiveness, Part Deux

I am sitting here in my living room in the 84 degree heat at 11 pm. All the boys of the house are asleep: Keith, all sprawled out on his back, Aidan and Ian as miniature versions (why do they get all sweaty when they sleep?) and the baby with his round, sweet little bottom sticking up in the air. Cookie dough is ready to go on sheets in the fridge (you all have seen that place) which I will bake in the am. I spent the evening decorating our clubhouse for Aidan's preschool graduation tomorrow. I have such a feeling of calm happiness (and how rare is that?) that I had to stop and just roll around in the moment.

I am so damn grateful for what I have.

I have read and re-read the comments on forgiveness throughout the week. I have found each and every one of you to be of tremendous help with sorting through the idea of forgiveness. Again, you all have really made a difference, not only with me but with others involved. I want you all to know that I am so thankful for your time and consideration. You have helped me focus on what's important.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have pics of Husbando as a baby, sleeping with his little behind in the air. It breaks my heart with cuteness!

You are such a sweet Mama. Your boys are so lucky to have you.

7:25 AM  
Blogger c said...

I love it when babies sleep like that. SO cute!

What a good mommy you are, with cookies in the fridge to bake in the morning! And a decorated clubhouse and everything.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you, colleen, are one good chick. i lurve you.

that is all..

-carol

1:30 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I do wish you well, peace, with the forgiveness thing. I was just talking about contentment, gratitude today. Sometimes it seems like things are contagious in blogworld -- crises, illnesses. Wouldn't it be great if contentment and gratitude spread like crazy? :)

4:47 PM  
Blogger LadyBug said...

What a sweetly serene moment you captured here. (And - good question - why DO boys sweat in their sleep? Baby Boy has always done it, but the girls never did.)

I hope today was wonderful, with the graduation and the freshly baked cookies (you're such an awesome mom). And I hope your weekend is happily peaceful and relaxing as well.

I haven't been on the computer in a couple days, but you've been on my mind.

Hugs,
Me

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't chime in on the forgiveness post, because, well, I didn't feel particularly wise when it came to giving advice on forgiveness. I haven't really had any experience with that type of complicated issue.

But I'm glad to hear that everyone else's thoughts were helpful. They certainly gave me something to chew on as I read them too.

On another note:
HB sweats when he sleeps too... I call him my little heater. I'll be sooooo cold, but then I can snuggle up to all his warmth, yum.

I think it is a secret cave-man evolutionary thing. Only the guys with good built in heaters were able to keep their women happy and healthy enough to have plenty o' kiddos. ;)

P.S. can I have a freshly baked cookie?

7:58 AM  
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

Viva baby butts! You're a lucky Mama!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home