Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Stranglehold of Active Parental Participation

I have not stopped since last Saturday, and it's not slowing down. I'm going to the zoo today with Ian's class. Aidan graduates on Friday from preschool and IT'S A BIG DEAL...three hour commencement party, magic show, another plate of cookies to bake. Two parties Saturday..oh geez, I need to get gifts. Picnic on Sunday.

Remember summer...lazy, long days at the lake, or watching Gilligan's Island, waiting for the ice-cream man? What happened to those glorious, never-ending days?

I feel these commitments tightening around my neck like a... like a....

the poor guy was cold, so he warmed up by wrapping himself around my head.

argghhh!
(In case snakes gross you guys out, I made the pic small).

5 Comments:

Blogger LadyBug said...

Oooh, I'm so totally with you, here. All the commitments are driving me to the point where I'll need to BE committed!

Sharing in your misery,
LadyBug

7:01 AM  
Blogger c said...

I used to be the mom who didn't say "no" to anything. Then I realized that I was making myself crazy, my kids crazy, and it wasn't worth it. I'll pitch in if someone absolutely positively can't find any other help, but otherwise, I'll show up but I won't bring cookies.

Also, my husband works out of town four days a week. I'm a single parent for those days. I simply don't have time to commit to everything!

We're having a lazy summer this year. It's awesome!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

Man, you've got a lot on the clobber plate! Nothing like a busy summer to make you want to hide inside the house with the air conditioning cranked and ignore everyone!

Stay sane! (And stay away from the snakes, pleeease...)

10:45 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

I hope your summer does slow down. I remember last year, feeling like you are now, thinking, wait a minute, isn't summer supposed to be calm, relaxing? I was a crazy woman. I hope I can do better this year. I hope your summer is refreshing, too.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my! I initially thought that was a leopard printed necktie or some goofy scarf. Not until you mentioned that it was a snake did I realize... and then, like a dummie, I went ahead and clicked the picture to see it Big.

Bravery.

Wow. If you can handle a snake making a stranglehold of your head and neck, you can handle anything. Wow.

;-)

I hope everything goes/went okay and that you can find a way to balance out all of the 'fun' stuff with relaxing time, so that the fun stuff really is fun.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home