Thursday, August 04, 2005

Go on. Laugh at them.

so not me.
I bought these at a Payless near my parent's house and showed them to my dad.

He LAUGHED at me and called the shoes "really Italian looking."

I thought they were a fun break from my Birks. I nearly returned them.
Now I just wear them and think, "oohhhh....sparkly, ugly, fun."

Would you buy these shoes? Look. I don't even have polish on my toes. I could use a bit o' glamour.
ewwwww
Maybe not.

30 Comments:

Blogger LadyBug said...

Oh, they're so cute, Colleen! I love 'em!

Your dad don' know nuthin' 'bout no sandals!

Your toes are cracking me up...not in a laughing-at-you way, I SWEAR. They way they're so spread out in that picture, they look like they had a fight, and none of them are speaking to their neighbors. They're so cute. Teehee.

PLEASE tell me that didn't embarrass you or hurt your feelings. I'd just die if it did.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no idea how in fashion you are!! I'm working in my little space in the back of my friend's shoe store. The store is very hi-end, very chi-chi. She has sparkly sandals and pumps all over the place. And they are selling for around $398!! (ACK!)

Tell anyone who laughs at those to (as Dooce would say) SUCK IT. They'll be wearing them next year.

: ) Carol

p.s. I think they rock! Everyone deserves a pair of far out, cool as shit shoes.

2:16 PM  
Blogger cakeboom said...

Ladybug, you've noticed the one thing I've been keeping from the whole internet: I'm not fully evolved. My toes can do a peacock thing. That's not even close to how spread out they become.

Now I've given my toes names and bios...maybe a reality tv show?

Carol, you did make me feel better. I saved $388, too! i'll wear them when we go to Paris, then.

3:02 PM  
Blogger LadyBug said...

NAMES AND BIOS? My dear, you MUST do a post about your toes. I'm begging you here.

::giggling::

5:25 PM  
Blogger c said...

I love those sandals.

Your dad's talkin' smack.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!! Who's feet did you inherit? Sho' ain't like mine....FB

7:02 PM  
Blogger cakeboom said...

FB, I inherited them from Dad...the shoe mocker. You must have Mom's organized toe arrangement?

3:37 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Those are awesome! I love when you look at someones feet and there is something pretty and interesting going on... It is a nice change from plastic flip flops.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way!
I won't laugh at the shoes or the feet!

I used to be called Duck Feet at summer camp. I have wide feet and a toe on each foot that is shaped like the weird wonky appendage on those jigsaw puzzles.

Whatever you want to do - even wear shiny shoes - do it! Life is short! I think breaking silly rules (like fashion rules) is one of the best parts of life!

The kind of rules that, after you break them, you feel freer. Even a little bit.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell yeah, those shoes are adorable. I can't pull them off because I have weird paw-feet. They look great on you.

P.S. You do have wonderful toes, but not as good as the Doc. :D

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sparkly is *
*
* F U N *
*
* *

6:25 PM  
Blogger LadyBug said...

I thought about you today when I saw a huge display of toe rings. I thought, Colleen needs a toe ring to go with those cute new sandals. Then I realized I had NO CLUE (a) if you even wear toe rings, and, if you do, (b) what your 'taste' in jewelry is.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

They are fun, happy sandals, and they are obviously delighted to be on your feet. Is your Dad some footwear expert? No, he is not. Enjoy them!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Girl.A said...

If I told you Girl.A was back, and someadventure is coming back to life, would you come out to play with us?

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao!
actually, I kinda like them!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Closet Metro said...

It's the middle of October now. Sandals weather is over.

Adorable children, please all take a nap at the same time, so mommy can come say "hi" to her friends. Pretty please?

7:17 AM  
Blogger Amanda B. said...

Checking on you sweetpea. Hope all is well!

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come back to the Five & Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean.

8:16 AM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

I realy do like them. :)

4:04 PM  
Blogger c said...

Where ARE you?

Like the new design, but I'd like a new entry even more!

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No but I miiiissss her. :/

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Colleen... and all the boys :)

8:30 PM  
Blogger LadyBug said...

I miss you!

Hope you and your sweet boys have a Very Merry Christmas.

Call me if you have a chance.

Love you!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Closet Metro said...

Happy New Year!

Umm, how 'bout a pic of some more "winter appropriate" shoes?

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm just a retiree from North Dakota cruising around the net and looking for
interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hi. Nice work.

Regards,
Robert


strappy sandal

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still love your toes!! come back, colleen!! let's go skiing!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool site! Welcome to my sites too:
penis enlargement pill
best penis enlargement pill
natural penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement pill review
do penis enlargement pill work
enlargement penis pills
buy penis pills
cheap penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement pill product
herbal penis enlargement pill
cheapest penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement pills
buy penis enlargement pill
natural penis enlargement
penis enlargement pills online
natural penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement drug
penis enlargement natural
Good Luck!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site home equity loan lowest rate Where can i save shopping butalbital Call center support services philippines the institute of jaw facial surgery oh 44718 Suv+seat+cover Radio televisione montenegro debts waterbeds in tampa Blank basketball tournament rosters pericardial cancer prognosis Ppc paid tha cost megaupload

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home