Brother Number Two (Of Three)

Uncle Brian is the Fun Uncle. A Funcle, if you will. (Sorry, still feverish and loopy.)
My first memory of Brian is hmmm, a bit embarrassing, but shows you something about his character and work ethic. When I was in the throes of my own potty training, he was the brother who sat in the bathroom with me FOR HOURS and played or read to me. 'Nuff said. He used to knock "Shave and a Haircut" on my bedroom wall, to my answering "Two Bits". He always seemed to have cool, interesting, out-of-the-ordinary food stuff, like Haribu gummy candy. This love of great, interesting, out-of-the-ordinary food never changed. When Uncle Brian's coming to dinner, it's a five-star dining experience.
He's been with the same company for years and worked from the ground up.
His dedication to his work is inspiring. He is organized, trustworthy, and professional. When I visit him at work, I have this rush of pride every time. The people he manages respect and like him because he respects them. I can't wait to visit him at his new store. Hopefully this week when I'm feeling better, I can take a run out to Whitehouse. The boys ADORE him.
When I was pregnant with Aidan, we became much closer than we ever had been. I would visit him at his store, or we would go hiking, or go to the swanky Short Hills Mall. In fact, he took me up and down the elevator to get me going into labor. The day I was due, he walked me around the mall for multiple hours. I waddled, he walked.
He's the only brother left in NJ. I don't know how long that'll last, because I know he's thinking about someday moving south. Kinda makes NJ seem like a sinking ship, doesn't it? Just so damn expensive to live here.
*sigh* We've got to get out and see you more often, UB.

7 Comments:
You have the most adorable brothers. Maybe this is a sign that you guys should move South too. Like, way south. :D
What a sweet tribute to your brother.
Funcle...Teehee.
And, yeah, I was thinking what Amanda B. was thinking...you guys need to move WAY south, like all the way to Texas. :o)
I'm touched here, forgot about knocking on the walls! Like Ladybug said, sweet, sweet tribute--thanks Sis! I guess I'll have to sign in from now on as FB, like the "Funcle" title! Hope you're feeling better today...FB
Just stopping by to say hello from one Jersey Girl to another.
Happy Birthday Colleen. Hope it's been fun and, well, not quite so filled with anger.
Happy Belated Birthday!!
Hope it was wonderful!
'Funcle' is just fun to say. Adding it to the list of Happy Clobber Vocabulary Words, as of today.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home