Weirdness.
There seems to be a lot of it in the blogging world. It kind of freaks me out and makes me question whether I should continue. Like...People disrespecting other people's kids. People being nasty for the sake of nastiness. Amanda B.'s very wise post over at Very Zen got me to thinking, hmmmmm...
I just want to do this for what it is: a quick fix for my writing needs (even though I don't write all that much, or all that well, for that matter), and a way to stay connected to friends and family while running after 3 boys, and to share some small part of life with others, and to have the others do likewise with me.
I just want to talk about the fun stuff. No hate.
For example: Aidan was in this fashion show preschool fundraiser. The show itself was good for all of 10 minutes.

Then there was the announcement to "help yourselves to delicious dessert and coffee!" ...whereas a riotous rush ensued to get a seat at the very few tables set up. We lost. Husband, three boys and Uncle Brian hanging out, standing against the wall like fashion show losers with sticky donuts...
Then the boys just want to RUN, RUN, RUN all over the place as we try to get drinks. Ian has a temper tantrum. He runs over to the dessert line with a mean look on his face and pulls his pants down in front of everyone, saying, "I don't like you anymore." I kneel down to talk to him, and...smooooosh, my knee crushes a Boston Cream. At that very same moment, I feel something else start happening: you know, what you don't get when you're pregnant? I got it. And I got me half a bakery on my knee. And a 2-year-old with no pants on. Yay.
But it's all worth it when you're told, "I love you more than a bouncy ball on a rabbit full of pizza". I can't remember if that was before or after I made the Rice Crispy Treats.

And you know, parenting is weird enough without other people trying to put their evil, "your kid is ugly" two cents in. So despite the weirdness, onward I blog. Maybe not making a hell of a lot of sense, but for me, here at Clobber, it's all about sharing the nonsense. With you, you patient, few, good people.
I just want to do this for what it is: a quick fix for my writing needs (even though I don't write all that much, or all that well, for that matter), and a way to stay connected to friends and family while running after 3 boys, and to share some small part of life with others, and to have the others do likewise with me.
I just want to talk about the fun stuff. No hate.
For example: Aidan was in this fashion show preschool fundraiser. The show itself was good for all of 10 minutes.

Then there was the announcement to "help yourselves to delicious dessert and coffee!" ...whereas a riotous rush ensued to get a seat at the very few tables set up. We lost. Husband, three boys and Uncle Brian hanging out, standing against the wall like fashion show losers with sticky donuts...
Then the boys just want to RUN, RUN, RUN all over the place as we try to get drinks. Ian has a temper tantrum. He runs over to the dessert line with a mean look on his face and pulls his pants down in front of everyone, saying, "I don't like you anymore." I kneel down to talk to him, and...smooooosh, my knee crushes a Boston Cream. At that very same moment, I feel something else start happening: you know, what you don't get when you're pregnant? I got it. And I got me half a bakery on my knee. And a 2-year-old with no pants on. Yay.
But it's all worth it when you're told, "I love you more than a bouncy ball on a rabbit full of pizza". I can't remember if that was before or after I made the Rice Crispy Treats.

And you know, parenting is weird enough without other people trying to put their evil, "your kid is ugly" two cents in. So despite the weirdness, onward I blog. Maybe not making a hell of a lot of sense, but for me, here at Clobber, it's all about sharing the nonsense. With you, you patient, few, good people.

14 Comments:
Man, I don't know what I missed. I must be even further out of the loop than I thought. Did someone call your kids ugly? Do I need to open up a can of Whoop-Ass? WAH-POW!
Love the camo outfits in the fashion show. TOO cute. And bless your heart for what happened afterwards. Hope you were able to leave quickly and without a scene.
You know, it has never occurred to me to pull my pants down as a way of letting people know I don't like them. But that's something to think about....Hmmm....
"I love you more than a bouncy ball on a rabbit full of pizza."
That's one of the funniest things I've heard lately, and so terribly sweet, too. What a cutie pie.
it was someone else's child (although someone may be calling my kids ugly too and i don't know) i know, not my kid, but just not sitting right with me.
I like your nonsense. And your kidlets are so cute! Keep up the great work.
I love your blog. Sometimes folks just feel like they have to be mean. I don't know why. Don't let it stop you though, cause that would make me very sad.
And it's all about ME. Muwahahahaha.
I'm still working out the bouncy ball on a rabbit full of pizza. But, hey, if it works for you, I'm happy for you.
:)
I like your blog. No quitting allowed, please. I'd miss you.
small people with small lives are mean. pay them no mind and they will go away. hopefully.
i love you more than a bouncy ball on a rabbit full of pizza is at once the most creative expression of love i have ever heard and and clearly shows that you are deeply deeply arored.
I am a bouncy ball on a rabbit full of pizza, and I love you too.
Please don't go away. Sometimes we have to fight or struggle to keep balance, and sometimes that wonky balance is achieved just by sticking around so the unhappy angry judmental shaming people can see that there are a million other flavors of attitude to choose.
Oh no you can't leave! You, who goaded me into this activity, which I now couldn't live without!
The weirdness has bothered me too. I thought Amanda's post was intelligent, and thoughtful. And the mayhem at Dooce yesterday, whew.
But this community is still a very good thing, in my book. I would miss all of you too much
You WILL NOT LEAVE! what will I do if my slinky breaks?
I don't have the technology to fix that!!
Glad you're here. You're kids are cute (cute as mine?)
*TACKLEHUG* thanks for not leaving!
I've only posted once before, but PLEASE DON'T GO! Don't let the haters hurt you, they're probably just jealous of your beautiful boy posse.
If anyone steps to you, Nice Mama, the comment boards will bust out a sock full-o-quarters and kick some tail.
Ka-Ching!
GAY, GAY I SAY; FASHION SHOW AT HIS AGE! THAT'S JUST AWFUL TO PUT YOUR CHILD THRU............HE WILL END UP A FAG!
Hey, Anonymous, kiss my ass.
Colleen, Delete that anonymous turdlicker's lame ass comment, and then everyone can wonder what they hell has me off my rocker. (No, I never really was ON the rocker, but that's another story.)
Don't stop blogging. Cuz you make me smile. And laugh. You're a credit to the great state of New Jersey, right up there with The Boss (and you wouldn't believe what I've paid for tickets to see him.)
Well Colleen, sweetie, you got your first troll. Congratulations! Some people just like to be mean. I'm with Metro, delete it and let it slide off your back. You rock and we love you.
Hey Anonymous, I daaare you to come try that crap on my site. I'd love to find out more about you. I'm sure you are delightful! Coward.
If someone is being mean to you I will kick their ass, and oull their hair. And for real people who make mean gay statements are SO INTO SAME SEX SEX!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home