Saturday, March 05, 2005

I Sat on Saturday.

It's Saturday night. I am home with the baby. My husband went out with the other 2 boys to a friend's house. I am sitting here, watching the baby grow:
satgrowing
At first, I did not want him to go. I thought I needed to get out of the house more than he did. I thought I needed adult conversation more than he did. Then I realized I would be in a pretty quiet house, and maybe that was what I needed.
satquiet
I can sit. I can hear myself think, for once. I am amazed I can still do that. I have read some of your blogs. Some make my heart ache. Some make me laugh. A lot, and out loud. Some make me smile. They all make me think.
satthink
Yes, Colleen, you say. That's all well and good. But you still need to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE.
satplotting
And I say, oh yes. and I will. My husband now owes me. Moo hoo ha haa haaaaaa.

6 Comments:

Blogger LadyBug said...

Just got through sending your email, and I stopped by here to check in before I go visit Dooce. Glad I did, and I'm glad to hear you're having a (relatively) peaceful evening.

And yes, hubby owes you BIG. Start making plans now.

7:54 PM  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Stupid me. I can't believe I left this out:

The wee one. He's beautiful. Can't believe how much he's growing.
Wait. Yes. Yes, I can believe it. I have one growing that quickly, too. But still. It's just too fast.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LadyBug's right. He's beautiful. He looks so serene and content (at that moment). Guileless.

Also, you should tell us what treat you will end up receiving for staying home. Because you do deserve a treat even if you enjoyed the quiet time... I recommend a massage. I think the world would be a different place if everyone got at least one good massage a week.

That would require us to know how to give, and receive, massages, though. Because the demand would be so huge. Yep, the world would be a different place.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Amanda B. said...

That is a beautiful baby. So now hubby will be providing you with a "day at the spa" right?

Hmmm. Maybe that should be my revenge for the Barry Manilow stunt Scott pulled. Mu muwa muuuwaaaawaaaaaaa

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, he owes you.
gosh the lil one is getting so big! and those cheeks!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Strizz said...

have fun, get drunk :0P

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home