Sunday, February 27, 2005

The Facial Hair Journey

I have seen how facial hair tranformed my Italian grandmother. I have experienced the transformation myself. But to all you manly men out there, I salute you. You guys are just like that toy with the face and the iron filings you manipulate with a magnet.

This is dedicated to the one I love.





the journey begins...
Originally uploaded by cakeboom.






real men breastfeed
Originally uploaded by cakeboom.






...from my cold, dead hands
Originally uploaded by cakeboom.






ennui
Originally uploaded by cakeboom.






goodbye, soul patch
Originally uploaded by cakeboom.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amanda B. said...

What a hunka hunka. I love the shot with the fedora and rifle. That is wonderful.

I like my Scott with some facial hair...but then again he's so cute without it. Sigh...

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool, cool series of photos!

How clever to not just shave it off and do a "here I am now" photo but to do a progression.

very fun.

and the last photo, that look, with the tuft of hair. just great.

cakeboom? (I sense a story)

4:58 AM  
Blogger Strizz said...

I like pic 2, but hate the soul paqch solo.

6:54 AM  
Blogger LadyBug said...

I love the last pic. He looks like he found that hair in the shower drain.

My hubby has only once let his beard get past the prickly-cactus stubble point, to the soft and scrumptious but not quite fully bearded point, and I really loooooved the way it felt when it was all soft and furry. (Is it getting warm in here, or is it just me?)

Anyway. It didn't last long, 'cause he had to go back to work, and while I don't think the Sheriff's Department minds them actually HAVING moustaches or beards, they're not really allowed to look like they need a shave. So the stubbly in-between stage is not allowed. And how you gonna get a beard, without the in-between stage, huh?

Oh, dear. I'm rambling. (That's SO unlike me.) Back to YOUR man. Definitely of the Scrumptious Bearded variety. Also adorable sans beard. And you two make very cute kiddos.

Hugs to all of you,
LadyBug

11:05 AM  
Blogger cakeboom said...

Cakeboom isn't really story-worthy, I hate to say. I wish it were... like before I met my husband, my job was to explode out of large cakes. It's actually an old sign-in name I sometimes use. I just kind of liked the way it sounded. Conjuring an image of someone getting a big surprise on a birthday... ok, I am a weirdo.

I'm glad you guys like this, because my husband and I busted our guts laughing as we did it. See how I am slowly pulling him into the addiction?

And I agree with Amanda B. Isn't it fun to sometimes have a scrumptious bearded one, then have a new clean-shaven man?

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of liked Stage III, the Beatnik look, he could play guitar at Starbucks on weekends....UB

3:49 PM  
Blogger the niffer said...

My my, your hubby is a beaut. You and your whole family are just yummy.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home