Friday, March 11, 2005

Someone Said:

Anonymous said...
GAY, GAY I SAY; FASHION SHOW AT HIS AGE! THAT'S JUST AWFUL TO PUT YOUR CHILD THRU............HE WILL END UP A FAG!

oh, no...really? you mean the camo he was wearing did not protect him from the gay atoms that are generated at a preschool fashion show?

hmmm. i think i know who anonymous is.
anonymous thinks his worst nightmare is if his son were gay.

i've seen lots of people that have been ravaged by cancer, abuse, mental illness; now that's awful to go through.

it's a little less awful if one is surrounded and supported by loved ones.

i don't give a crap the gender of those who may love my sons, as long as they are decent people and my sons are happy.

don't you agree? isn't health, happiness and self-actualization what we really want for our children?

10 Comments:

Blogger Closet Metro said...

Ok, well, that's another way of dealing with the turdlicker. Better than the one I suggested.

Colleen, you rock in so many ways. And today, there is one more.

Three cheers for Colleen. She takes no shorts!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Amanda B. said...

You are my Super-Grover, if you didn't catch it on Dooce. You handled this beeeautifully.

I love your little booty.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, um, all fo sudden the screen stopped loading and I thought, "OH NO!" the comments must be down again!"
but they are not. YAY!

down with turdlickers.

you rock!

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, I really meant all OF a sudden

duh

7:52 PM  
Blogger Ern said...

WTF! People are so intolerant.

Your boys are lucky to have a mom who loves them unconditionally.

10:35 PM  
Blogger butterstar said...

Yey, comments are back! They kept smacking me down still last night.

Colleen, you rock. I'm glad you've decided to keep on truckin' with your blog. I did a post not too long ago about a similar subject; and I said it then and I'll say it now: if I ever get a troll, the first thing I will do is remove the comment. Because it's my site. And because they're not well people, ya' know? Just think how much time they're wasting reading blogs of people they don't like and formulating hurtful responses. That's crazy.

I don't know if I would respond or not; that's something I'd have to take on a case-by-case basis (I probably would though, being the wordy beeyatch that I am). I think what you did here is PERFECT.

And hey--if you're getting trolls, doesn't that mean you've arrived in the blogging world! Hee.

You are one kick-ass lady. I salute you. If I'm ever in NJ, I will buy you a drink.

(and anyone who says your kids are ugly--did they REALLY?!?--is obviously blind. Those little guys are flat-out adorable.)

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely! That is the best part about unconditional love, to just want the best for your loved ones, regardless of if "the best" for them, may not be what is "the best" for you.

Of course, I think we've all heard of kids being 'disowned' by their parents for this or that... so I guess not everyone has it figured out, but well, at least some do.

Yay, Colleen. :-)

7:17 AM  
Blogger c said...

Oh. My. God. Gay for doing a PRESCHOOL fashion show? Please. And ugly kids? No way.

Why do people feel the need to give unsolicited MEAN advice? Didn't their mommies tell them that if they don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all?

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping in mind, of course, "Anonymous" may simply be a 15 year old delighting in antagonizing various different bloggers (not that any of US would have done anything like that...)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Echrai said...

Total agreement on the gay children concept. Those people who are so concerned about what their child's sexual orientation is or will be are generally those who are incredibly selfish. If all you care about is how your child reflects upon your image, you are completely ignoring his/her health, happiness, and need for support and unconditional love. Colleen, I like your thoughts!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home