Harry Gets Married
My husband's friend and best man, Harry, got married Sunday. They quickly threw the whole thing together because he's leaving for Iraq on Thursday.

He just came back from a peace-keeping mission in Egypt, and now he'll be gone for another year.
I respect all political views. But, can I be candid for a moment? This gives me yet another reason to be down on this war in Iraq.
I'll be very glad the day Harry returns to give his new bride a big fat kiss.
Does anyone else know anyone over there? How do you guys feel about this? If no one comments, I won't be mad, because after all, this is a highly personal and political question. Some of my family and closest friends are supporters of Bush and the war, whereas I am not. But I am always interested to know how people think about this.

He just came back from a peace-keeping mission in Egypt, and now he'll be gone for another year.
I respect all political views. But, can I be candid for a moment? This gives me yet another reason to be down on this war in Iraq.
I'll be very glad the day Harry returns to give his new bride a big fat kiss.
Does anyone else know anyone over there? How do you guys feel about this? If no one comments, I won't be mad, because after all, this is a highly personal and political question. Some of my family and closest friends are supporters of Bush and the war, whereas I am not. But I am always interested to know how people think about this.

10 Comments:
We're military, and I work with military, so I've known several people who have gone over, but no one incredibly close.
One of our single Air Force friends who's over there now is biding his time writing weekly fantastical stories about his adventures in fighting off insurgents and huge purple octopi, so it's really too hard to be too worried about him.
For your friend, I'm sure the separation is hard enough without having to worry about his safety. My best wishes to them.
My cousin Chip is in combat in Iraq right now. I hope he comes home, because he's got two beautiful kids who miss their Daddy.
I think we should wrap it up and get the troops back home.
Thank God for President Bush!!!!!!!
No matter who is in charge, or who the fighting is with, the troops ALWAYS need our support, and good wishes. And the sooner they can be home safe, the better
hank a soldier for being there so we don't have to be!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
One of my good friend's little brother is over there. They have a "support our troops, bring them home" sign in their front yard.
I tend to agree with the view that it's a mess over there, but the invasion is creating more trouble than it is solving. It's not a situation with easy answers.
My Step-Step son is in Afganastan.
He'll be there for awhile. They need stuff, the post office has boxes that you can fill up and it only cost 7 bucks to send.
*hug*
My nephew was aboard the Lincoln when Bush gave the "Mission Accomplished" speech. After serving his time in the Navy (he enlisted voluntarily), he didn't re-enlist. After seeing what he saw and learning certain things, he has become very loudly anti-war.
My brother is retired Navy (20+ years) and is completely against what he sees as an unjustified war (no Hussein links to 9/11, no WMD).
My other brother (the nephew's dad) has been Republican since birth. This year he voted for Kerry, in part because of what he learned from his son.
I'm afraid for the troops. I want them to come home. It's so hard on the families who are left behind, and it's so hard for the soldiers to put on a brave face every time they talk to their loved ones.
This site: www.anysoldier.com is so fantastic. My son's second grade class "adopted" a couple different units and we ended up sending SOOOO much stuff over there. You can cram a lot of stuff in those $7 boxes at the post office. If you feel helpless and don't have a soldier over there to support, get on that site and find someone.
Oops, my bad. It's www.anysoldier.us, not .com. I do that all the time.
We need our men and women back home. I wish we could pull out but we have messed things up so much we can't just leave. I wish for a safe return of your friend. This war sucks.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home