Fond Memories of Work: Creating Alliances.
I am an operating room nurse. A few years back, when I was a newbie, I was assigned an emergency vascular case on an otherwise quiet weekend. There were only a handful of us in the OR.
The surgeon was a big guy, a little outspoken. I was not familiar with his routine so I was being very throrough with preparing for the case. He came into the room when the patient arrived and I asked him if I needed anything special... he told me what he wanted, then said he would be back in 5 minutes.
SO 5 minutes later, he comes back and starts to walk in the OR. I was behind him and I was the only one to see that coming out of his pants like a tail was 6 feet of toilet paper. So mortified was I for him that I just quickly pulled it and shoved it into the garbage.
He said, "Hey? What was that?"
I said, "It's gone."
He said "Show me."
So I pointed to all the toilet paper in the garbage. He turned red and said "How embarrassing."
I said, "Just do the same for me."
That surgeon has never, ever given me a hard time.
The surgeon was a big guy, a little outspoken. I was not familiar with his routine so I was being very throrough with preparing for the case. He came into the room when the patient arrived and I asked him if I needed anything special... he told me what he wanted, then said he would be back in 5 minutes.
SO 5 minutes later, he comes back and starts to walk in the OR. I was behind him and I was the only one to see that coming out of his pants like a tail was 6 feet of toilet paper. So mortified was I for him that I just quickly pulled it and shoved it into the garbage.
He said, "Hey? What was that?"
I said, "It's gone."
He said "Show me."
So I pointed to all the toilet paper in the garbage. He turned red and said "How embarrassing."
I said, "Just do the same for me."
That surgeon has never, ever given me a hard time.

2 Comments:
Enjoyed your post. It's always good to have allies.
LadyBug
Some people think that is the funniest thing...the toilet paper tail. It freaks me out. I am ALWAYS afraid that is going to happent to me.
Nice to know there is someone out there that will help out :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home