Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I Am a Vortex of Evil Vibes

Something weird always happens to me in the immediate post-partum months. This time, I have some kind of black hole soul with a strange electro-magnetic force field as protection.

1. My cell phone did not work for me. A week later, my husband just picks up the phone, turns it on and uses it, telling me I am crazy. I knew that, but why didn't my phone work?

2. We bought a 5-cd changer recently. (yeah, so why can't I find the receipt for it, when I have my lunch receipt from May 2004?) Anyway, I got nostalgic and put some old friendly cds in there: Beck: Odelay, Grateful Dead: Without a Net, Steely Dan: Can't Buy a Thrill, and The Beatles: White Album. I danced, I sang. The next day, nothing plays, nothing ejects. Highly upsetting.

3. This laptop right here crashed yesterday. I could not do a thing with it all day. My husband came home and now it works.

4. The baby slept 4 hours for my husband. I took over the night time feedings and that kid is up every hour and a half.

Can anyone explain? Should I take this personally? Why are my electronic devices mocking me?

Did I give birth to...

Devil Spawn?

4 Comments:

Blogger LadyBug said...

Calm down, Rosemary.
No, you're going through a Postpartum Murphy's Law phase. I think it happens to everyone. You've had zero sleep, something goes wrong, something else goes wrong, you have a total and complete meltdown, and then another thing goes wrong. Happens to most of us, I believe. Hope yours is over soon.

God bless,
LadyBug

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell the devices that you're on the phone with me. I've fixed more computers by simply answering my phone than doing any actual work on them. I regularly get calls that go "Hello, Dave? Well it's working now, so, nevermind."

10:29 PM  
Blogger Closet Metro said...

that was me, accidentally anonymous.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be hereditary? I've got the DVD player from hell all of a sudden--sound, no picture, picture no sound, nothing at all as it counts away....hmmmmm the curse of today's gadgets. Start wearing those magnets, throw off that evil post partum field surrounding you.....hang in there, UB

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home